Saturday, June 04, 2005

New Shaders!

I have a big pile of shaders that I'm planning to add to the shader section of my web site. I just haven't done it yet because it's been taking me about two hours to make the information page for each one. I'll get to it eventually.

In the mean time, I've posted two of them on the CGTalk forum. The first is a shader that combines the features of the offset mapping shader and the global illumination shader for one very complex, very cool looking effect! The second is a simple shader that animates grass blowing in the wind. I posted them as Zip files that contain a sample 3DS Max file and the textures to go along with it - in addition to the shader. That way you can see how I've implemented the shader in addition to just getting the shader file itself. You can find them in this thread:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=244102


I think I'm going to start posting all of my shaders in this type of format since it seems to be a better method of helping people see how these can be used in a scene. I'd love to here what you think of these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home