Tuesday, February 15, 2005

3DS Max 7

I finally got the full version of 3DS Max 7 installed at work. (We've been waiting to upgrade until our current project was done.) Up until now I've just been using the beta version of Max 7 to test my shaders. It turns out that the multi-subobject bug that I mentioned in my previous post was only a problem in the beta version. The final release version fixes that problem along with a host of others. That's great for me! I spent a good portion of the day playing with the real-time shader features.

I made a new stone wall texture with a normal map and an offset map. It looks really cool. I'm going to add it to my texture archive in the next few days. Here's a screenshot:

Stone Wall Texture

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, your website kicks! Nice going & great textures!

May 25, 2005 7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My jaw just dropped! I'm definately going to check out your tutorial on making the normal maps now right now!

June 20, 2007 11:38 PM  
Blogger Tahitianflower said...

Really cool stone work.

August 25, 2009 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home