Wednesday, February 20, 2008

GDC08 Tuesday

I arrived in San Francisco today after a couple of hours of delays at the airport.  The weather here is rainy - and I guess that was causing the airport to get behind schedule.  We ended up waiting about two extra hours in the airport to board our flight and then another hour or so on the plane before we could take off.  Oh well - nothing that a laptop with DVD's can't fix!

Once I arrived, I spent the day getting to know the area a bit.  I walked around the down town between the hotel and the convention center.  I also walked around the convention center and found where my classes are going to be tomorrow.

It was fun to bump into some old acquaintances from previous jobs while wondering around.  That's one of the things I really enjoy about the conference - catching up with people I haven't seen in several years and finding out how life is treating them.

In the evening I went to the IGDA party.  I usually don't enjoy conference parties much, but I thought I'd go anyway.  I ran into Spencer Trent, the effects artist from Vicious Cycle software.  That was pretty amazing since I've never met him - just chatted via instant messenger.  I guess he recognized me somehow (I wasn't wearing my conference badge with my name on it at the time.)  We had a great chat about creating particle effects, etc.  I also visited the Autodesk party for awhile, but didn't stay long since I'm not much of a party type guy.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the textures, there are excellent quality.

Ed
bedfordshire,uk

March 02, 2008 7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHoa, those are really great textures. Thanks a lot for posting

March 16, 2008 7:42 PM  
Blogger Russell L. Smith said...

using the textures for my class...thanks

March 19, 2008 5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All i have to say like everyone else is THANKS a whole lot man! Ben is the men! Great site great textures and very excellent sense of share! i dont know when im gonna use your textures but be sure thats going to be very quiqly> thanks

April 12, 2008 10:31 PM  
Blogger lilchinky86 said...

I just want to say THANK YOU! I love the textures there great. Thank you again...I will be using 'em a lot.

April 18, 2008 11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great textures. They're going to be a lot of help for a school project I'm working on.

April 26, 2008 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home