Sunday, May 20, 2007

ShaderFX 1.5 Released!


Kees and I have been working really hard on ShaderFX recently and we finally finished all of the details, put together screen shots, the web site, and a bunch of new demo videos. The image at the right is a screen shot of procedurally generated fire that I created using the new Perlin Noise node. It animates and looks pretty cool. You can take a look at it all here:

http://www.lumonix.net/shaderfx.html

I'm really proud of this new version, as it really adds a lot of power to the system and puts the control over some pretty amazing effects right in the hands of artists. Here's a list of new features that we've added:

  • Subsurface Scattering
  • Perlin Noise
  • Object Space Normal Mapping
  • DXT5 Normal Map Compression
  • Bump Mapping
  • Relief Mapping
  • Refraction
  • Projected Texturing
  • Support for DXSAS format
  • Custom Code Node
  • UV Rotation Node
  • Instruction Count Report
  • Glow Material Node
  • Upgraded User Interface
We've got a demo version available for download at the Lumonix web site to go download it and let me know what you think!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Ben for a wood texture I was browsing for :). You asked for a comment and here it is ;).

Funny how I stumble upon a website from someone working in the game industry. A point of interest I hope to make a career in sometime (as many other I guess - altho not in the 3D direction ;)). Some nice reads :) thx

May 23, 2007 5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot Ben, for the cement textures!

July 04, 2007 9:54 PM  
Blogger ArugulaZ said...

Hey, thanks for the stone textures! I'll be sure to put them to good use.

JR

July 08, 2007 1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there,
You've got some really nice textures there!
Don't feel bad about looking weird when photographing those, I do it all the time too ;)

I'll make sure to let you know if I use one!

July 12, 2007 5:35 AM  
Blogger Sama AKA Jamiesama said...

I used some of your textures just so you know. I plan on using them as well off and on in my art! :D Just wanted to let you know since you requested. :) http://jamiesama.deviantart.com

July 14, 2007 12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the texture photos! Good stuff like that is hard to find. Much appreciated.

July 26, 2007 10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Googled realtime 3dsmax and happen to dig this:
http://www.bulog.cn/u/maxfx-cmj/
Ben,you might be interested in that.

July 31, 2007 3:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

He man
thanks for the woodtextures!
Greeting
Annelies

August 10, 2007 1:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you very much for the textures.. Nice blog too!

August 10, 2007 10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, found your textures and am impressed. I will be using them!

August 23, 2007 1:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey, thanks a lot for the great textures you have captured and put up. this is really much appreciated.

September 24, 2007 7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks a lot for the great textures!!! they are very much appreciated and put to use. :-)

September 24, 2007 7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home